Saturday, February 9, 2008

A Weekend in Paradise

I flew home to Eureka for the weekend. I haven't seen Rachel for at least two years. I am so glad we got to spend some quality time together. Sunday, I will go back to Utah and she will begin her journey back to Iraq. It is so easy to let time get away from you. You have to see your family, even more than you think you have time to.
Rachel got a new camera and I have been showing her alot about how to use photoshop. Rachel took this picture of me at Moonstone beach, one of my favorite places in the world.
The sets would drop out about 100 yards, then come crashing back in every few minutes. Between sets, everyone ran to the cave and climb up on the rocks before the next set came in and closed it off. The tide was going out so we weren't too worried, plus the way out was only blocked by about 8 inches deep of water.
Driftwood. Just holding it sets me off into a thick sea of nostalgic memories of growing up in this amazing place.

1 comment:

Sarie said...

I hate this post so much. I wish I was there with you guys. Gorgeous photos, J. Miss you.