Thursday, February 14, 2008

Memories

Last summer I went to the Coachella Valley Music Festival. It was a three day concert in Palm Springs. Some of the bands that played were Nickel Creek, Stephen Marley, Tom Morello, Willey Nelson, The Roots, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and of course, after seven years of retirement, Rage Against the Machine. Another band that was invited to play was Crowded House, the band that plays the song you hear right now. I remember this band particularly because they played right before Rage Against the Machine. Now imagine for a moment, over 50,000 people who, for the last seven years, have been waiting to see Rage once again, having to wait through a band like this. I think the noise of the crowd chanting "RAGE, RAGE" drowned out the music from Crowded House. As they played "Don't Dream it's Over", someone from the front row threw a full opened water bottle and hit the lead singer right in the chest. He was so mad that he made the band stop playing and made the crowd sing the rest of the song. Hilarious. The lead singer reassured us that Rage would be out soon and they quickly finished their set before something more damaging might have come from the ferociously anxious crowd. Words can't describe the noise and energy that followed for the next two hours as one of my favorite bands played all of my favorite songs.

2 comments:

Marc and Allison said...

Dude, I was just kidding when I texted you about blogging about Crowed House. That is hilarious that you actually did write something about them. Why didn't you tell anyone about the three hour detour we took when it was already 2 a.m.?

Kristy's Family and Friends: said...

You freaking jerk. Some memories I just can't think about right now with a growing belly and nothing but bathtimes and bedtimes for little ones.. man, that trip was amazing. I hate myself for not staying all three days.