Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Swim in it

I am constantly blessed with the privilege to swim in the nostalgic memories of an amazing summer in Alaska. Although those present in this picture would argue that I was miserably cold during our swim across this lake, this was one of the most amazing memories I have of Alaska. Massive logs tangled along the shore of Perseverance Lake making a maze of balance beams that we followed until we came to the tips of the logs, where we proceeded to push each other into the cool water. I left my flip flops floating by the logs where I jumped in. Slicing our hands into the glassy water, we made our way to the other side, occasionally turning around to catch a last glimpse of the sun as it disappeared behind the mountains. I've never been anywhere like this in my life. We had not a single care as far as the mind could reach.

2 comments:

Ric Medley said...

I'm grateful you lived through it to tell the tale. There is always a fine line between adventure and paradise...

Ric Medley said...

My "wise-guy" comments on your philosophies of life..


The happiness and success of your life is determined by only yourself. (Except for stingy, non-tipping tourists...)

-Do it, don't think of all the reasons why it would be easier not to. (Unless those reasons include thoughts like "if I slip, it's a long ways down"...)

-Don't base your decisions on others' opinions.(Unless it's an opinion like "don't jump, it's really not that bad"...)

-It's not what you do, it's who you are.(Unless what you do has resulted in the aquisition of large sums of money...)

Just kidding, of course. I really do appreciate your thoughtful nature. Dad