Tuesday, August 14, 2007

After 3 months of not attending church in Alaska, I just got to take the sacrament while sitting in church with my family. Such a peaceful feeling. I have reached the end of the longest spiritual draught of my life.
Naomi, Bethany, Isaac and I spent the entire day together friday, including a trip to the plaza, los bagels, skimming at moonstone beach, Patricks Point. There is such a strong feeling of nostalgia that makes me long so bad to be a child again. I paused the other night outside while leaving Grampa Dee's house and as the distinct scent of redwood filled the air, it caused every feeling and memory of my entire childhood to surge through me. My head swelled and I froze. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I know it's not good to cling to your past, but I stayed in that spot for as long as akwardness allowed and wished so bad that it would never end. I was, for those few moments, back at grampa's house on the fourth of july with hannah, zack and daniel, spending the endless days listening to music, running through the woods, swinging from the huge rope swings. I realized that my childhood was amazing.

4 comments:

Naomi Campbell said...

uh oh. jareds getting the blogger bug... putting things that are pretty deep on his blog other than just pictures...

Hannah said...

That's so awesome, I love those moments mmmmmm

Dear Lovey Heart said...

hey jared,

i guess this is pretty weird but mreh. my name is catherine i was and am going to be cassidy's roommate at byu-i i talked to her on the phone last night and she mentioned your blog, i am also quite the blogger so i thought i would check it out (pretty nifty), anyhow i just thought i would say "hi" instead of lurking about, thanks for keeping an eye out for tyleen and cass in alaska they seem pretty fond of you.
sincerely yours,
Catherine

Sarie said...

Seriously. So true. So true. COME BACK ALREADY.